They averaged an 11% price gain.
Singtel was the best-performing Straits Times Index (STI) constituent stock in the first quarter, data from the SGX revealed today.
Singtel gained 12.3% year-to-date in Q1, markedly higher than the 0.7% price gain registered by the index as a whole.
The next best-performing stock was Hongkong Land Holdings, which gained 11.7% in three months. This was closely followed by ComfortDelGro with a gain of 11.2%.
ThaiBev was the fourth best performer with a price gain of 10.9%, while Ascendas REIT was the fifth best performer with an 8.8% price gain.
The five best-performing STI component stocks averaged a price gain of 11% in the first quarter. Taking the consistent flow of constituents’ dividends into account, the STI’s total return came to 2.7% for Q1.
More From Singapore Business Review
- Singapore’s 8 hottest 40 and under hotel chefs
- Discover the firms that are most likely to get delisted from the SGX
- MAS unveils new Singapore Savings Bonds for local investors
- Stocks & Offerings
- Personal Investing Ideas & Strategies
Rules of Discussion on SGX Singapore
2. Member's comments should lead to value addition in forum discussion.
3. If anyone is found making repetitive Explicit/Abusive/Racial comments, his account shall be banned and old posts will be deleted.